Thursday, September 17, 2009

Fiber Optic

I was at one of those historical re-enactment villages a couple weeks ago and I learned how to fingerspin wool. I've always liked watching the spinning demonstrations, and while I'd like to move up to that, fingerspun wool is fun too. So, let's take a look at FiberOptic, a great little yarn shop run by a PhD chemist who used their knowledge to form a superior yarn. I have to say, I love the color choices!

Jelly Jelly Roving

Superstition Roving

Ginger Yarn

I just love the intense colors. Can't find that at JoAnn or Michaels.

Last chance to get in on being a featured seller this Friday. Leave a comment! Lucky winner chosen tonight.

2 comments:

MAB Jewelry said...

Oh, how gorgeous! I set up once at one of those re-enactment events, and their clothing fascinated me. Could have been the Native American lads in their little loincloth thingies though. :)

BlenderBach said...

ooooh, I have a thing for wool yarn, even though i never use it :) I want to learn how to spin, how cool!